After we left Reykjavik, Lindsay and I spent about two weeks driving the “ring road” around Iceland. It was awesome, and really really beautiful. Rather than write another long book of a blog post about this time, I put together the little video above. Sorry, I know it’s pretty long, and you’ll tell I had to heavily rely on the only so-so software stabilization so there are a few wobbly bits of the video. Overall though the video shows a good chunk of the highlights from the trip / the main things.
There are some things that are not really captured in the video that I’d like to talk more about, but I told myself I’d post something before an entire year passes, so for now just a list of things:
- For car camping, I actually sort of like the cozy camping that happens in a lot of the campgrounds we were in
- The video is really pretty garbage but we took so many videos of driving / roads because the landscapes really are very insanely beautiful / awesome, and the video doesn’t capture it
- Hot springs at campgrounds and Lindsay being told she talks funny by a really angry and aggressive and drunk local
- Just how amazing the Skogar to Thorsmork (Skógar to Þórsmörk) hike was.
- How many times I attempted to get photos of sheep but failed 100% of the time
- How much better some of the photos we took are than the video, but I didn’t want to post photos in the videos
- I didn’t show the photo of Lindsay’s amazing birthday dinner I cooked her after the hike (night of Skogar to Thorsmork). That day was one for the record books IMO
- How when we left Iceland I was ready to get home, but since we’ve been gone I’ve realized how special and amazing it really is.
- I think I’d go back to Iceland some day and re-do this exact trip, but maybe with a month or so of time, more reading, more hanging out in small towns, etc.